Eskişehir is the best place for air cargo in Turkey
Nadir Kupeli, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Eskişehir OSB (EOSB), said: “Eskişehir has the capacity to become Turkey’s air cargo hub with its many unique advantages. If we can make good use of this opportunity, we can bring a new sector to our city which will strengthen the economy of Eskişehir. Let’s not miss this opportunity, ”he said.
In the globalizing market economy, logistics and air transport are becoming more important and strategic every day. Although its cost is higher than land, rail and sea routes, the fact that it has great advantages in terms of speed and safety increases the need for air transport of many companies, especially those that carry out strategic production. . Especially with the recent pandemic, the importance of air cargo transport has become even more evident.
Air Cargo will bring a lot to Eskişehir
Stating that Eskişehir has the most entrenched and developed aviation industry in our country, and has an airport that meets international standards, it has many unique advantages, said Nadir Küpeli, President of Eski Eehir OIZ: with the world, Eskişehir’s place in the country’s industry. We believe that our city has an important infrastructure and potential for the air logistics base in order to take its importance to another dimension. If we make good use of this opportunity, we will provide a very important power factor for Eskişehir’s economy. If we use our inactive airport in this way, we will provide a very large influx of resources to both the economy of the city and the economy of our country. I believe that we, as all the bureaucratic administration of our city and the business community, can make significant progress in a short period of time by working together on this issue. If we make Eskişehir Turkey’s air cargo hub, new investments and b Business opportunities will arise in our current aviation industry, as well as new business opportunities that the logistics sector will create will allow new investments to be made. come to our city.
Eskişehir is very convenient in many ways
In his statement, President Küpeli said: “We can enumerate the important characteristics of Eskişehir as Turkey’s ‘air cargo’ center as follows;
- The advantage of Eskişehir’s geographical location
- Industrial production volume covering Eskişehir and its surroundings
- Eskişehir is within reach of 50% of the population and 60% of the economic volume of the surrounding provinces.
- Be close to the logistical bases that Eskişehir can reach with the integration of land, railway and port
- The airport, little used for passenger transport, can be considered a semi-inactive airport.
Being the accessible distance between Hasan Bey, one of the few logistics centers in Turkey in terms of volume, and the airport.
- The distance between the existing railways and the logistics center, the airport and the advantage of making additional routes at low cost
- Sustainable studies for employment and training of technical team regarding air logistics base and transport with Eskişehir Technical University
- With the establishment of the center in Eskişehir, a significant contribution is made to the reduction of the very dense air cargo traffic in Istanbul, while also reducing the urban traffic in Istanbul, because the freight transport that comes to our country by plane and goes then from Istanbul to other provinces will move to Eskişehir. contribute to.
- Strong involvement of companies engaged in production in the defense and aerospace industry in Eskişehir and production with strategic and sensitive content
- Existence of public investments that can publicly support the Air Logistics Base and encourage delivery guarantee agreements
- Logistics volume and preferences that the urban industry will need in a 10-20-30 year perspective
- The first ones that Eskişehir has made in the name of industry, agriculture, domestic production since the Republican era and the city’s genetic experience in this regard are our very important characteristics.
Integrated infrastructure should be established
In the last part of his statement, EOSB President Küpeli said: “In addition to these characteristics, if a free zone is built near Eskişehir Hasan Polatkan airport, with rail integration between Hasanbey Logistics Center and Eskişehir OSB, Free Zone and Hasan Polatkan Airport, we will provide Eskişehir with air cargo from all over the world. Future products can either be transferred to the free zone or delivered to provinces that have to go by rail or road within a very short timeframe. If this investment is established in an integrated structure with the desired qualities in Eskişehir, we will bring a very strong sector to the economy of our city both in terms of employment and new investments and volume of business.